Ljubljana at a Glance
Pinned between the dazzling Ljubljanica River and rolling green hills, the Slovenian town of Ljubljana is small in stature but rich in culture, attractions and activities. A holiday here promises to be a truly special experience. Boasting numerous museums, a spectacular hill top castle and an electric nightlife, Ljublijana has all you could want and more for you next break.
You'll Love Ljubljana if...
- You’re an active family interested in discovering a whole new side of Europe.
- You want an entertaining and active city break that won’t break the bank.
- You’re a couple looking to immerse yourselves in authentic Slovenian culture.
Perfect Family Holidays in Ljubljana
- For a good injection of culture on your holiday to Ljubjana, plan a visit to The Museum of Contemporary History of Slovenia or National Gallery, which possesses Slovenia’s foremost collection of fine art.
- A must-see is Ljubljana Castle. Perched atop a hill overlooking the town, the Landmark dates back to the 16 th century and from its vantage point offers striking panoramic views.
- Dominating the exquisite Pogacarjev trg town square, the Cathedral of St Nicholas is well worth a visit. Dating as far back as the 18th century the Cathedral is known for it’s beautiful baroque frescoes.
- The best food in Ljabljana is undoubtedly the local cuisine and there are an abundance of local restaurants serving up authentic obara, veal stew, and Krvavica sausage with cabbage that you must try!
- If you fancy a night on the tiles, you’ll be more than satisfied on a holiday to Ljubljana. Don’t be fooled by the towns quaint, charming façade. Ljubljana boasts a bustling nightlife enforced by a buzzing student population.
- If you’re feeling particularly adventurous on your holiday to Ljubljana consider taking a tour through the Julian Alps. You’ll discover breathtaking scenery and stay in comfortable rustic mountain hotels, the ultimate escape from civilization.
Top 3 Attractions in Ljubljana
- Ride the funicular up to Ljubljana Castle. This dazzling monument sits atop a hill overlooking the city and aside from being a marvel in its own right, gives you unbeatable views of the city and surrounding landscape.
- A loveholidays.com favorite, take a tour of the Bled and Bohinj Valley, and marvel at some of the most spectacular views you will encounter in Europe. Take a boat across Bled's emerald green lake and ride a cable car up to Mt Vogel.
- While away the hours people-watching in Prešernov Trg, the architecturally beautiful town square linking the old and new districts.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed.
Please have a look at our main Slovenia Holidays page.
Book your holiday to Ljubljana today on loveholidays.com for a tailor made holiday to suit your needs and your budget.