Bergamo at a Glance
Nestled in the foothills of the alps, in northern Italy, Bergamo is the perfect blend of old and new. It is home to an historic upper district, where you will find a rich culture of art and history as well as a modern lower section, where you can enjoy the best that a contemporary city has to offer.
- Couples who are looking to take a romantic city break.
- Families who are in search of somewhere with a rich culture and modern convenience.
- Group trips somewhere unique and fascinating.
Top Attractions in Bergamo
With an historic center, as well as a modern and stylish hub, the city offers a range of different attractions to suit all tastes.
- At the heart of the historical center you will find the Piazza Vecchia, a beautiful square surrounded by charming medieval and renaissance buildings.
- You can enjoy some incredible views across the region of Lombardy if you walk across the ancient walls of the old city.
- The Basilica of St Mary Major is a stunning 12th century construction, built with the influence of Gothic, Baroque and Medieval architectural styles.
- The Capella Colleoni is a Lombard Renaissance styled building, with an opulent marble façade and some fascinating, intricate work inside.
- Those who are feeling active can wander to the top of the hill, where the village of San Vigilio is found. Home to a ruined castle and some phenomenal views, it is well worth the trip.
Which Hotel is Right for You?
You can choose from a number of hotels in Bergamo, ranging from cheap and cheerful, to luxury retreats that will have you wishing you could stay forever.
- Found in between the city and the stunning Lake Iseo, the Executive Hotel is ideal for exploring the city sights and enjoying a countryside escape.
- Offering great value in a modern setting, the As Bergamo Aeroporto is found on the fringes of the city, and is where you will find elegant, sophisticated rooms.
- If you wish to stay in the heart of the city, the NH Bergamo will see you perfectly situated for exploring the best sites and attractions, all within walking distance.
Book With Confidence
Why wait?, book your holiday to Bergamo today on loveholidays.com for a tailor made trip that suits your taste and budget.