Bologna at a glance
The lively, artistic town of Bologna is the capital city of the region Emilia Romagna, in the north west of Italy. It sits between the Reno and Savena river valleys. Hidden amongst the portico-covered streets there is a world of art, history, music just waiting to be discovered.
Please note: City taxes payable locally.
You'll love Bologna if ...
- You want a city break with loads to see and do.
- You love arts, culture and traditional Italian food.
- You want to soak up the atmosphere of this vibrant city with the family or a group of friends.
Perfect holidays in Bologna
This once Medieval city has been well preserved despite the modern additions. The beautiful buildings and ancient sites are an incredible and unique site to behold on your holiday.
As you explore the streets you won’t have to wander far to discover buildings and monuments from Roman settlements and the Renaissance and Baroque movements. The red brick squares and cityscape are certainly eye catching.
Bologna is Italy’s culinary capital so be sure to try some fine wines, traditional breads and pasta. This is the city where solid chocolate, as we know it, was invented. Walk around the medieval market to sample these delights along the way.
The world’s oldest university dating back to the 1088’s is still a place of great academic importance.
Top Attractions in Bologna
- The Palazzo d’Accursio o Comunale is the city’s Town Hall. Over centuries buildings have been added and it has grown into an impressive red brick building.
- There are so many beautiful old churches to visit that it’s hard to know where to start. Some of the best include the Cathedral Metropolitana di San Pietro built in 1582 and the imposing presence of the Basilica of San Petronio.
- The Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna, or National Gallery, holds one of the world’s best collections of paintings from the 13th Century through the Renaissance, Baroque up to the 18th Century. The city’s Archaeological Museum and Medieval Museum also hold some of the best collections of their kind.
Book With Confidence
We have special offers on Bologna holidays, but be quick, they’re only available for a limited time. Don’t miss out, book today with confidence as loveholidays is Fully Licensed. At loveholidays.com you can find cheap summer deals, all inclusive offers and special offers on family holidays.
At loveholidays we don’t believe that one package holiday suits all. Search for the best deals and create your own holiday to suit your budget. Find the cheapest prices available for your next holiday to Bologna.
- Budget Hotels in Bologna.
- Luxury Hotels in Bologna.