Classy Cala Mayor
Quiet beaches in a tropical climate, high quality resorts and a laid-back atmosphere all combine to ensure that your holidays to Cala Mayor are an enjoyable experience, where you can escape the strains and stresses of everyday life.
You will be situated closely to the bustling city of Palma, a deeply cultural hub of vibrant bars and concerts, colourful festivals and ballet, while heading east along the coast will take you to Palma Nova and Magaluf – this is where the party starts for anyone looking to hit the all-night dance offs, showcasing obscure shapes and flailing limbs.
Cala Mayor Attractions
Want to rub shoulders with royalty? Cala Mayor is the official summer home of the Spanish Royal Family, holidays in Cala Mayor are the perfect Majorca getaway.
Beaches in Cala Mayor
- Cala Mayor beach is ideal for a long dip in the sea. The Spanish royal family residence is so close to the beach, access to the water is restricted by boat. Allowing you to enjoy the clear Mediterranean waters safely.
- With a sandy beach, pedalos and beach chairs the Cala Mayor is beach is perfect for parents to relax and children to have fun. Just make sure you use your map of Majorca wisely, you don’t want your pedalo entering forbidden royal waters!
- The beach is surrounded by a number of restaurants and bars, so stay refreshed and enjoy the hot Majorca sun and attractive seafronts
Cala Mayor Attractions
- With close proximity to capital of Majorca Palma City, take a quick bus ride to enjoy all the attractions and amenities of this bustling and busy city. Attractions in Palma are wide ranging and cosmopolitan.
- Cala Mayor beach is a great location for attractions in the resort. For a unique view of the surrounding beaches and bays we recommend taking part in the excellent catamaran trip. Lasting half a day this trip includes lunch, drink and snorkelling all aboard a modern catamaran with other holidaymakers.
- If you are a keen golfer then Cala Mayor is a great base to explore Majorca’s 21 golf courses. Championship course San Gual is only a few kilometres away and has recently been voted one of the world’s top courses.
Cala Mayor Nightlife
- As a family resort the nightlife in Cala Mayor is suited to quiet drinks over dinner, or entertainment provided in hotels
- For brighter lights and adult oriented nightlife head to neighbouring resort of Magaluf, perfect for a night out with groups of friends.
- If you are looking for a family evening out head to Palma Nova for karaoke, shows and family oriented entertainment.
Experience an Eclectic Cuisine
Majorca’s excels when it comes to offering a range of cuisines, from Chinese to European, you will be able to find a diverse selection of the best foods around – all during your Cala Mayor holidays. Gorge yourself on traditional Greek food; fresh fish and colourful fruits, captivate the senses with countless offerings of Chinese or keep it simple with the British option, not straying too far out of your comfort zone, but either way, you must try the tapas Spain is famous for.
Puerto Pollensa is another stop you should probably plan for during your Cala Mayor holidays, the port town is situated along the north coast, but Majorca’s relative size allows for a reasonable car journey to any part of the island. Here you will be able to invest in the history that Majorca has to offer, undoubtedly walking the Roman streets that still stand proud among the developing tourist resort, holding onto its routes in a charming and sophisticated way.