Calm and chilled Milatos
Milatos holidays are perfect for those who are looking to escape the crowded tourist resorts and take life easy in true Cretan fashion. This idyllic fishing village with a small and charming pebble beach will delight and inspire holidaymakers looking to get off the beaten track. Breathtaking rugged scenery, first class fish restaurants and the Milatos Caves are only some of the things on offer in this relaxed destination.
What to do
With a small but stunningly secluded beach, Milatos is a truly charming holiday destination. With its craggy rock pools perfect for crabbing and watching the crashing tide. However if you are looking for a traditional beach break with fine golden sands and lazy green blue waters you are also in easy reach of Elounda. One of the best reasons to choose Milatos is down to its fine cuisine. This village is renowned for being a wonderful place to try local seafood and fish specialties. Each dish has a Greek twist and comes straight from the sea. The Milatos Caves are another attraction well worth a visit. Trek up through winding paths with spectacular views and enjoy getting off the beaten track. The scenery and natural beauty of the landscape will leave you feeling rejuvenated when you return to the sleepy fishing village.
Use your time in Milatos for sampling first class seafood, exploring the local caves and nature trails and visiting the sandy beaches close by. For those who want to combine a peaceful stay with some action then head to Sissi for watersports or to the culture capital of Heraklion.
Ideal for ...
- Milatos has both pebble and sand beaches, which offer great conditions for swimming.
- Being a former fishing village, Milatos excels when it comes to seafood. No trip to the village is complete until you’ve tried the mouthwatering fish dishes on offer at the local restaurants.
- Thanks to its slow pace of life and welcoming atmosphere, a holiday to Milatos is ideal for those planning to travel with the whole family.
Milatos is reached by a small road leading south from Neapoli, and due to the remote location it is one of Crete’s less-frequented resorts. If you’re looking for peace and quiet in a breathtaking location of rugged cliffs, pebble beaches and forests, then it doesn’t come much better than this. Holidays to Milatos are perfectly suited to those looking for a holiday based on simplicity and relaxation.
- Milatos has a strong reputation for its fish restaurants. The town started off as a fishing settlement, and this tradition has blossomed over the years, to make Milatos a fine centre for local cuisine. Be sure to try some of the local flavours during your visit.
- The pebble beach situated just east of the town’s harbour makes a great spot for walking, and the water here is both warm and clear, providing excellent conditions for swimming. Alternatively, if you are looking to sunbathe then perhaps you’d rather pay a visit to the picturesque sand beach closer to the town. This is also a great spot for beach games.
- Anyone hoping to enjoy an excursion or two during their stay on Crete will find that Milatos is ideally placed for visits to some of the island’s culture capitals. Agios Nikolaos lies 30 kilometres to the east, while to the west you’ll be able to visit Heraklion, with its wealth of Greek ruins.
Book with confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed!
- Luxury Hotels in Milatos
So, forget everything you heard about package holidays in Milatos. When you book your holiday with loveholidays, you’ll be able to design your very own dream break – expertly tailored to suit both your taste and your budget. Talk to us now, and start planning the holiday of a lifetime.