Tropea at a Glance
Tropea is a lovely little seaside town in Calabria, southern Italy. It is one of Italy’s best kept holiday secrets and the coastline, Costa degli Dei, is known locally as the ‘Coast of Gods’. The faded buildings and narrow streets have the atmosphere of a typical sleepy Italian costal town, making it the perfect place to relax and catch some sun.
You'll Love Tropea if...
- You want to soak up the sun and peaceful atmosphere of the area.
- You want to take the family on a beach holiday.
- You want a quiet romantic trip for two.
Perfect Family Holidays to Tropea
The white sandy beaches, dramatic cliffs, small resorts and friendly locals make this the prefect place to take the family on holiday.
- In July and August Tropea is popular with holiday makers, but the weather is great from May through to September. Campsites and hotels are quieter then, and if you are looking for a cheap holiday, this is a good time to visit.
- The food is great in Tropea. It is filled with many small, independent restaurants selling local food – pizza, seafood and the speciality, sweet red onions. Be sure to try the many weird and wonderful flavours of ice cream found at the best ice cream parlour, Tonino’s.
- There are many ways to see the area but a boat trip is by far the most exiting. You can visit the Aeolian Islands for the day or Stromboli, an active volcano, for the afternoon.
- The beach is, of course, the main attraction of the town. The clear blue waters are perfect for swimming in. There are several beaches in the area that are equally as pleasant where you can hire a parasol and sun lounger for the day.
- Take a stroll along the front to the dramatic cliff edge at the end of the town. It is customary to admire the view, people watch, have a chat and then stroll back again. This slow lifestyle will certainly allow you to take it easy. Wandering around town is also a delightful experience with the many narrow lanes, squares and old buildings to stumble upon.
- The Norman Cathedral, Duomo is a wonderful sight and displays the prosperity and importance of Tropea in times gone by.
Book With Confidence
We have special offers on Tropea holidays, but be quick, they’re only available for a limited time. At loveholidays.com you can find cheap summer deals, all inclusive offers and special offers on family holidays.
- Cheap Hotels in Tropea
- Luxury Hotels in Tropea
At loveholidays we don’t believe that one package holiday suits all. Search for the best deals and create your own holiday to suit your budget. Find the cheapest prices available for your next holiday to Tropea.