Varese at a Glance
Varese is a town in the north of Italy in the popular Lombardy region. The town is situated in the north western part of Lombardy and so is in the foothills of the Alps, in fact the town itself sits at the foot of the Sacro Monte di Varese which makes up a section of the Campo dei Fiori mountains. The town is perhaps best well known for its proximity to the Sacro Monte di Varese which is a popular pilgrimage site and place of worship as well as being part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Families who want a holiday in northern Italy with plenty to see and do.
- Couples looking for a romantic getaway.
- Groups looking for an Italian holiday in an unspoilt region close to the Alpine ski resorts.
The countryside of the region is some of the most breath-taking and unspoilt in Italy the mountains in the north descend in to hills and forests and eventually into flat plains all of which are fantastic for exploring, with plenty of hidden villas and parks as well as quaint traditional towns and villages. The town of Varese and the areas around it are an excellent place to visit on a holiday.
- The lakes and rivers of the area around Varese are ideal for swimming, canoeing and kayaking. The beaches on some of the larger lakes are great spots for windsurfing and water-skiing is also available.
- Lake Maggiore is one of the largest lakes in the region and a boat tour along it is highly recommended.
- The hills and pastures of the region are home to some great trails and paths which are fantastic for walking and hiking as well as mountain biking. There are also stables with opportunities for horse riding.
- There are also opportunities in the region for clay pigeon shooting and target shooting.
- To the north in the more mountainous regions there are plenty of opportunities for rock climbing, paragliding and hang-gliding.
- In the winter months the Alps are home to some of the best skiing in Europe; the ski resorts of the region are easily accessible from Varese. There are also plenty of facilities for ice skating in the winter.
- The region is also well known for its wine production and there are a number of vineyards in the region which run tours and wine tasting events.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed.
Why wait?, book your holiday to Varese today on loveholidays.com for a tailor made trip that suits your taste and budget.