Top hotels in California
Best known for its glitz and glamour, sunny beaches and chic urban centres. California is the stuff of dreams. Feel like a movie star as you wander around Hollywood or hit hilly San Francisco and check out the Golden Gate Bridge. With so many destinations and attractions within California, you’ll soon realise the versatility of the state. Whether you’re looking for a romantic couples holiday, a family-friendly destination or a starting point for your American road trip with friends. California offers every holidaymaker the chance to explore and discover its diverse landscapes.
Due to the sheer size of California, there are plenty of cities to visit. Furthermore, the collection of hotels on offer in California is vast. Whether you’re looking for apartments with wonderous views or 5-star luxury accommodation, there is plenty to choose from in California.
Looking for a flight and hotel? Then check out our holidays in California here.
Cheap hotels in California
Courtyard by Marriot los Angeles Lax/Hawthorne
Los Angeles, California
Flight time to California
The average flight time to California from the UK is 11 hours.
Things to do in California
California is a wonderful state, with plenty to do, there’s no doubt that there’s enough to do if the kids accompany you. As well as big cities, California has some great natural open spaces too. With national parks available, there are an array of activities from hiking to river rafting. Not forgetting, the infamous prison island – Alcatraz.
- Disneyland – This amusement park has 8 themed sections including a whole host of rides, shows and other attractions.
- Yosemite National Park – If you’re a lover of the outdoors, this national park offers a whole host of activities like hiking and river rafting.
- Golden Gate Bridge – This famous bridge really is a sight to see. When it opened in 1937, it was the tallest and longest bridge in the world.
- Sequoia National Park – Filled with an abundance of sequoia trees, hiking and camping are just some of the activities you can do here.
- Alcatraz Island – The infamous Alcatraz prison is accessible by ferry and has now become one of California’s main tourist attractions.
Beaches in California
As you can imagine, there are a wide range of beaches along California’s coastline. Many high-quality beaches can be found in the San Diego area. So, whether you’re looking for sun, sand and sea, California is one of the best places in the US you can visit. Well-known for its surfer waves, California beaches are great for those looking to try their hand at surfing.
- Santa Monica State Beach
- Coronado Beach
- Carmel City Beach
- Salt Creek Beach
- Pebble Beach of Crescent City